Thomas M. Nies, Cincom® Systems’ Founder, President and CEO, has won an International Stevie(TM) Award for Best Executive in the 2005 International Business Awards(SM). In addition, Cincom Systems has earned a Certificate of Finalist Recognition in the Best Multinational Company category.
Click here to listen to a Stevie Awards podcast interview of Tom Nies.
Nies, once hailed by the late President Ronald Reagan as “the epitome of the entrepreneurial spirit of American business,” was recognized for his lifelong success, which includes:
- More than $3 billion in revenue generated from a meager $600 start-up investment
- Nineteen straight years of generating more than $100 million in revenue — a feat unparalleled in the software industry except for Microsoft.
Over the last three years, Nies has led Cincom to its best business-performance years ever through some of the most challenging economic conditions in the technology industry. Corporate financial performance highlights for calendar year 2004 vs. 2003 include:
- Revenues increased by 25 %
- Profits increased by 28%
- Return on Invested Capital increased from 57.3 % to 81.1 %.
- Calendar year 2004 was Cincom’s second most profitable year ever.
- The past three years have been the most profitable ones in Cincom’s 36-year history.
- Gross revenue per employee increased from $161,200 to $181,800.
Nies also has the distinction of being featured in the famous Smithsonian Institution as one of the “pioneers of the software industry,” alongside other industry giants such as Microsoft’s Bill Gates and Oracle’s Larry Ellison. (Visit http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/comphist/nies.htm.)
The International Business Awards are the only global, all-encompassing business awards program honoring great performances in the workplace.
Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word “crowned,” the awards will be presented to winners at a gala dinner on Thursday, May 19, at the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers in New York City. Speedera Networks will videocast the ceremonies live worldwide, and the Business TalkRadio Network will broadcast the event live on radio in the U.S.A.
Recipients of the International Stevie Award trophies were selected from more than 600 nominations received from companies and individuals in more than 30 countries. Members of the Awards’ Board of Distinguished Judges and Advisors and their staffs selected International Stevie winners from among the finalists, which were determined by volunteer judges from around the world during two months of preliminary judging.
*Original announcement – April 28, 2005.